Research publications disseminate results to the broader scientific community and subject findings to peer review. Vision CRC publishes its research in a wide range of forms including peer reviewed manuscripts and abstracts, books, patents, invention disclosures, project research reports, and other publications.
Vision CRC assists its researchers to develop their writing skills with training activities including writer's workshops during the postgraduate conference week. Strategic publishing plans are developed for each research program to coordinate the release of data and staff and students are encouraged to present findings at international conferences and to submit research for publication in peer reviewed journals.
PUBLISHED - REFEREED PAPERS
- Arumugam B, Hung LF, To CH, Holden B, Smith EL 3rd. The effects of simultaneous dual focus lenses on refractive development in infant monkeys. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Oct 16;55(11):7423-32.
- Bakaraju RC, Fedtke C, Ehrmann K, Ho A. J Optom. Comparing the relative peripheral refraction effect of single vision and multifocal contact lenses measured using an autorefractor and an aberrometer: A pilot study. Journal of Optometry. 2015 Jul-Sep;8(3):206-18.
- Fedtke C, Ehrmann K, Falk D, Bakaraju RC, Holden BA, The BHVI-EyeMapper: Peripheral Refraction and Aberration Profiles, Optom Vis Sci. 2014 Oct; 91(10): 1199–1207.
- Holden BA. The Charles F. Prentice Award Lecture 2014: A 50-Year Research Journey: Giants and Great Collaborators. Optom Vis Sci. 2015 Jul;92(7):741-9.
- Holden B, Davis S, Jong M, Resnikoff S. The evolution of uncorrected refractive error as a major public health issue. Journal and Proceedings of the Royal Society of New South Wales Volume 147 Issue 453/454 (2014)
- Jaggernath J, Øverland L, Ramson P, Kovai V, Chan VF, Naidoo KS. Poverty and Eye Health. Health. 2014;06(14):1849-1860.
- Maceo Heilman B, Manns F, de Castro A, Durkee H, Arrieta E, Marcos S, Parel JM. Changes in monkey crystalline lens spherical aberration during simulated accommodation in a lens stretcher. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015 Feb 10;56(3):1743-50.
- Marmamula S, Keeffe JE, Narsaiah S, Khanna RC, Rao GN. Population-based assessment of sensitivity and specificity of a pinhole for detection of significant refractive errors in the community. Clin Exp Optom. 2014 Nov;97(6):523-7.
- Marussich L, Manns F, Nankivil D, Maceo Heilman B, Yao Y, Arrieta-Quintero E, Ho A, Augusteyn R, Parel JM. Measurement of Crystalline Lens Volume During Accommodation in a Lens Stretcher. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015 Jul;56(8):4239-48.
- Nankivil D, Maceo Heilman B, Durkee H, Manns F, Ehrmann K, Kelly S, Arrieta-Quintero E, Parel JM. The zonules selectively alter the shape of the lens during accommodation based on the location of their anchorage points. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015 Feb 19;56(3):1751-60.
- Ozkan J, Rathi VM, de la Jara PL, Naduvilath T, Holden BA, Willcox MD. Effect of Daily Contact Lens Cleaning on Ocular Adverse Events during Extended Wear. Optom Vis Sci. 2015 Feb;92(2):157-66.
- Palsamy P, Bidasee KR, Ayaki M, Augusteyn RC, Chan JY, Shinohara T. Methylglyoxal induces endoplasmic reticulum stress and DNA demethylation in the Keap1 promoter of human lens epithelial cells and age-related cataracts. Free Radic Biol Med. 2014 Jul;72:134-48.
- Papas EB. The significance of oxygen during contact lens wear. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2014 Dec;37(6):394-404.
- Papas E, Tilia D, McNally J, de la Jara PL. Ocular discomfort responses after short periods of contact lens wear. Optom Vis Sci. 2015 Jun;92(6):665-70.
- Paudel P, Cronje S, O'Connor P, Rao G, Holden B. Selection considerations when using a ‘standard optometrist’ to evaluate clinical performance of other eye-care personnel, Clinical and Experimental Optometry, 2014; 97: 426–432.
- Philip K, Sankaridurg P, Holden B, Ho A, Mitchell P. Influence of higher order aberrations and retinal image quality in myopisation of emmetropic eyes.Vision Res. 2014 Dec;105:233-43.
- Pour HM, Kanapathipillai S, Zarrabi K, Manns F, Ho A. Stretch-dependent changes in surface profiles of the human crystalline lens during accommodation: a finite element study. Clinical and Experimental Optometry. 2015 Mar;98(2):126-37.
- Rohit A, Willcox MD, Brown SH, Mitchell TW, Stapleton F. Clinical and biochemical tear lipid parameters in contact lens wearers. Optom Vis Sci. 2014 Dec;91(12):1384-90.
- Stapleton F, Golebiowski B, Skotnitsky C, Tan ME, Holden BA. Corneal and conjunctival sensitivity in intolerant contact lens wearers. J Optom. 2015 Jan-Mar;8(1):62-3.
- Veerendranath P, Donovan L, Taneja M, Naduvilath TJ, Garrett Q, Delgado S, Sangwan VS, Ho A. Measurement of consensual accommodation in vision-impaired eyes. Optom Vis Sci. 2014 Jul;91(7):752-9.
- Willcox MD, Zhao Z, Naduvilath T, Lazon de la Jara P. Cytokine changes in tears and relationship to contact lens discomfort. Mol Vis. 2015 Mar 15;21:293-305.